A leaky faucet might seem harmless compared to life-threatening electrical problems, but water can cause as much property damage as fire, too. Extensive repairs and additional renovations to the damaged structure can rack up your plumbing cost, that is why you should not ignore the tell-tale signs that indicate you need to contact the best plumbing services in Singapore.
1. Pipe Leaks. Some leaks are very difficult to detect especially because the pipes are hidden in walls and floors. Usually you will see leaks in the joints of the pipes and faucets or see moisture on the walls or ceiling. In apartment complexes, sometimes the leaks can come from the ceiling if the unit above has an extensive leak in their plumbing system. Solving leaks, however, can be complicated if the building is old and has not been inspected by a PUB licensed plumber for quite some time. To fix broken pipes, you can hire an HDB plumbing contractor here in Singapore to perform a thorough inspection and know the cost of water pipe work throughout the building before new water lines can be installed.
2. Faucet Drips. This might seem harmless but dripping faucets can add to your water bill, not to mention waste a lot of precious water. In fact, some plumbers can even give you can accurate computation of how many gallons of water you waste in a month with a dripping faucet. This can be avoided through regular maintenance and repair by a reliable plumber. Some fixtures need to be replaced every few years after all.
3. Clogged Drain. This is a sign that your home has not had plumbing maintenance for a long time. If you experience this often, it might be time to call an emergency plumber to perform a thorough inspection of the drain lines, especially if the building is old. You might need to request the landlord to hire a plumbing contractor if the drain lines are clogged or worn out and need to be replaced. If the clog is limited only to your apartment, the plumber might recommend that you install a sink or a new bath or sink drain.
4. Runny Toilet. A clogged or runny toilet is an emergency that needs attention from a 24 hours plumber. If not addressed soon, the problem can cause not only inconvenience and embarrassment, but can even damage the floor of your apartment unit. A toilet bowl choke, quite a common household problem, can be fixed easily by a plumber, so don’t attempt to fix it by yourself using chemicals if you have no idea what has caused the clog. Regardless of any problem, you can call cheap plumbers to fix toilet bowl.
5. Broken Heater. You can also rely on the plumbing services company to install, maintain, and fix a broken heater. There could be a lot of issues that can cause the water heater to fail, such as sediment buildup, poor power supply, low water pressure, pilot light failure, thermostat problems, and others. Hire only the best plumbing workmen to extend the life of your water heater.