“How can I wear my favourite high heels without feeling so much pain?” – This is the age old question that every woman asks. Most of us already adopted the “grin-and-bear-it” attitude when it comes to wearing heels. We often choose our fondness for stylish shoes over the desire to be comfortable. But is it really possible to wear high heels without experiencing any pain? Of course! Just keep these eight tips in mind so that you can continue wearing stylish shoes without having to pay the price in comfort.
- Wear the Right Shoe Size. One of the common mistakes women make in choosing their shoes would be purchasing the wrong shoe size. A good way to avoid this is to have your feet measured every time you buy a new pair of shoes. If you want, you can also visit a doctor to have your feet measured once a year. With this, you get to be stylish and comfortable at the same time.
- Know Your Foot Type. Visiting a podiatrist would be the best way to know the type of foot that you have. If you don’t have the time to visit one however, there are still some neat ways on how you can determine if you have a high-arch or a flat foot. A simple way to do this is to wet your foot, step onto a piece of construction paper, and it will show you how flat or arched your foot is. With this, you can already research on the reasons why you experience so much pain using your foot type.
- Opt for a Thicker Heel. Although stilettos play a good role in achieving a killer look, this type of heels only causes your foot to wobble around. Instead of wearing thin heels daily, consider changing your shoe style into something that has chunkier heels.
- Stick With Platforms. Shoes with thin soles is what often causes pain on your feet’s soles. A good way to remedy this is to change into platform shoes or shoes that have thicker and rubberized soles. This way, your feet will experience lesser pressure when walking.
- Stretch Your Feet Daily. There’s no better way to deal with the pain brought by high heels than stretching and exercising your feet daily. Perform exercises that target your ankle and the front of your foot, such as pointing your toes down and pulling them up. With this, your feet will be able to relax from all the daily pressures of walking.
Being stylish often comes with a price, but this shouldn’t apply with your footwear. Save your feet from all the unnecessary pain by following the aforementioned tips. That way, you still get to wear your favourite stilettos without sacrificing your feet’s comfort.