5 Makeup Tricks to Practise While Enjoying the Beach
When hitting the beach, your makeup mantra should be just like with your clothing: less is always more. Not only is a full-face makeup a big no-no, it’s also impractical especially if you’re planning to dive into the actual water. What you should aim for is to achieve a sunnier version of yourself, and not an overly made-up one. So be prepared to rock your beach makeup look using these five natural makeup tips.
- Protect Your Skin. Before you start applying your makeup, think about getting some sun protection first especially if you’re planning to spend most of your time outdoors. Get your skin protected by applying a generous amount of sunscreen 20 minutes before going out. If you’re thinking of downsizing your makeup application time, use product multitaskers like BB and CC cream. These formulas will not only protect your skin, they will also hydrate it and provide you with great coverage for your makeup application.
- Powder up Your Look. Another great product can provide your skin with a healthy dewy glow are tinted moisturizers. These products work great if you’re thinking of going to the beach with just some sheer and light makeup on. If you have a rather oily skin, we suggest using a powder-based translucent powder to lessen the oiliness of your face while under the sun.
- Use Some Bronzer. Since you’re aiming to enhance your natural tan, any bronzer that you use should look just right under the bright sun. To get the most natural summer beach look, lightly dust some bronzer over your cheekbones, chin, eyelids, forehead and cheeks. Finish it off with a bit of pink blush on your cheeks and you’re good to go.
- Wear Clear Mascara. Hitting the beach is definitely the best time to give your lashes a break from wearing your usual black or brown mascara, and opting for a clear mascara instead. By going with the latter, you’ll be able to keep your lashes perfectly groomed and glossy without worrying about sporting racoon eyes. The same thing goes for your eyeliner. If you really need to line your eyes, opt for a nude pencil to get that wide-eyed look.
- Skip the Lip Gloss. A good way to finish off your sunny makeup look is by swapping your favourite gloss with a tinted lip balm or a lip stain. Your lip stain will give you that long-lasting polished feel, while opting for a tinted lip balm will provide your lips with the right hint of colour it needs.
Although hitting the beach can be very problematic for your makeup, any mishap can actually be avoided just by following the aforementioned makeup tricks. So stop worrying about your makeup melting and your eyeliner smearing, and just enjoy the beach and the summer heat.