Enrolling your child into singing classes will not only help improve his appreciation and awareness about art and music, it will also benefit him in other aspects of his life. It could greatly help him in his studies, teach him to be a team player, and even encourage him to practise good habits. While there is a possibility that he might not turn out as a great musician like the way you wanted, he could still become a better person with the help of the things he will learn from his singing lessons.
1. Improves Physical Skills
Signing up your child into an instrument and vocal lesson will not only enhance his musical talent, it will also improve his physical skills. Learning how to play percussion instruments will help in developing your child’s coordination and motor skills, since these instruments require hand and feet movement. String and keyboard instruments, on the other hand, require simultaneous actions from your left and right hand, promoting ambidexterity.
Moreover, taking musical and singing lessons will encourage your child to become comfortable even if they are in naturally uncomfortable positions. Honing such timing and body coordination will help in preparing your child for activities that demand a lot of physical skills, such as dancing and sports.
2. Enhances Academic Skills
Although it may not seem like it, mathematics and music are actually highly connected. As he starts to understand scales, rhythms and beats in his vocal training, he also learns to divide number, recognize patterns, and even create fractions. Several studies showed that being exposed to music at an early age will help develop and improve a child’s memory skills.
Learning how to play certain musical instruments during their singing classes also allows a child to learn the basic principles of physics like harmonic and sympathetic vibration. Through this, they become armed with a refined set of academic skills that will help them get a better understand ding of their day-to-day lessons.
3. Hones Social Skills
Aside from honing your child’s academic and physical skills, taking up singing lessons also be beneficial in improving their social skills. Vocal training sessions in Singapore often demand peer interaction and communication, since they will be tasked to do a group performance. At the excellent singing lesson in Singapore, children will not only be taught to understand the part they are assigned to play, but to also compromise for the sake of their group’s performance. Through this, they learn to work together to achieve a common goal – and thus, fostering teamwork.
4. Instils Discipline and Patience
Encouraging your child to attend musical classes and undergo vocal training will teach them delayed gratification. It also pushes them to persevere through hours, weeks, months or even years of training before they reach goals like performing with a band or memorizing their first solo piece.
Being involved in group training sessions will also help improve your child’s patience, as they will be required to listen to the performance of their peers as they wait for their turn to perform. Through this vocal lesson, he will learn to respect his peers while developing a good sense of discipline.
5. Educates Them About Different Cultures
Through playing various instruments and learning different songs, your child will discover the important role that music plays not only in the culture of Singapore, but in other cultures as well. Learning how to play bongos and timbales, for example, introduces them to African and Cuban music styles; while modern-day violins expose them to the classical music popularized by German and Austrian musicians. It’s crucial that your kid becomes familiar with various cultures at a young age, so that the open-mindedness to traditions that currently beyond his knowledge can be nurtured.
6. Develops Self-Esteem
Singing lessons provide an opportunity for children to learn to accept and give constructive criticisms. They slowly build confidence by turning the negative remarks they received into a positive change both in their performance and in their life. Attending such lessons will also help them realize that nobody is perfect – not them nor their peers – and that everyone has a room for improvement.
Tips to Make His Singing Classes More Enjoyable
• Hire the Right Instructor. The best way to keep your child interested in his singing lessons in Singapore is to hire an instructor that he can easily relate to. Involve him in the process of choosing the instructor. Remember, a musical coach who understands the type of music he likes and prompts his passion for music will be a great motivator for your child.
• Enrol Him With a Friend. If your child is bit hesitant in taking his voice lessons on his own, then enrolling him together with a friend can be a great idea. You will see that it only takes a little camaraderie to get him excited to take on his singing lessons.
• Support His Performance. There is no better way to keep your child motivated than to become an enthusiastic and supportive audience. Make sure that the whole family gets to attend his recitals, and treat it as a big event. Celebrate by treating him with his favourite snacks once the show is over.
• Make Positive Remarks. Aside from being supportive of his performances, it would also be a good idea to give him praises every now and then. Avoid criticizing his performance as it will only make him lose confidence. Also, take him to other recitals or musicals near your area in Singapore, so as to expose him to professional musicians who could serve as his inspiration to learn more and achieve challenging goals.
Developing the skill to appreciate the beauty of art and music is not the only thing that your child will get from his musical classes. He will also develop the aforementioned skills, which will not only strengthen his passion for music but also nurture himself as a person.