You are now convinced that aromatherapy can be of great help at the end of the day. You should know everything you can about it so you can effectively maximize it. Aromatherapy utilizes aromatic oils and materials from plants. The by-product is called essential oils. The goal of aromatherapy is to change the person’s cognitive, mood and even physical wellbeing.
Some Singaporeans see aromatherapy as complementary therapy (the one which can be availed along with other standard treatment) while others are discovering that it can be a form of alternative medicine. If you are more interested about it as a form of alternative medicine, you should know the essential oils profiles.
Here are some profiles that you should know about:
- Cedarwood: Cedarwood is a tree. It is actually a gigantic tree. It can grow up to 100 feight in terms of height. Aromatherapy experts say that it can used to treat congestion.
- Chamomile: You only hear chamomile when talking about tea. Chamomile is actually known as a tea and a famous one at that. Chamomile is a flower which is also popular for its fragrance. Its fragrance is known to treat depression.
- Clove: Clove is a spice which can be seen mostly in many recipes. In the world of aromatherapy, it can be used as a pain reliever or an antiseptic.
- Fir: You fancy Christmas trees. You should also know that firs or Christmas trees are good for soothing the muscle as well as alleviating rheumatism pain. Firs have this pleasing smell.
- Ginger: Believe it or not the essence of ginger can be of great help. Most only know that ginger is for many recipes but now it is said that ginger can stimulate your appetite as well as dismiss headaches.
- Lemon: Lemons should indeed be included in the list. Aside from being used for different recipes, it can also serve as your treatment for coughs, sore throats and other infections.
- Peppermint: Peppermint is one of the most widely used essential oil in the market. It can be used to aid the digestive system.
- Ylang ylang: Ylang ylang actually originated in the Philippines but the world came to know it because of its distinctive smell as well as striking appearance.
- Thyme: Thyme is popular especially in the kitchen but not all people know its benefits. According to experts of aromatherapy, you can also use thyme to fight against infections.
- Rosemary: Rosemary is a spice bit it doesn’t mean you can just wait for it to cook. Rosemary is famous because it is the main ingredient in most massage oils.